Now for projects currently under construction. To celebrate the release of the next Harry Potter Movie I thought it would be fun to make a Gryfindor Scarf... I however will not wear it, it will go to a coworker who is the biggest HP fan I have every met.
I have also almost finished the first in a pair of fair isle gloves. I must admit it was fairly triksy trying to work with all 6 balls of yarn at once, but I think it turned out alright. I have just started the fingers which is why I couldn't turn this all the way out to show you the actual progress.
I think after this pair, I will stick to mittens. working the individual fingers is quite the challenge with all those needles poking about.
I have also started a project that gives me warm fuzzy feelings all over. I found this yarn in our local yarn shop and just had to have it (regarless of how overpriced it was). But what to make with it... something that would be warn a lot because I had to make the expense a worthwhile investment... our new work office is quite chilly... a stole, decidedly a stole. I found a leaf pattern online and I will repeat, and repeat, and repeat, until all my yarn is gone. I can't wait to show you the finished results of this one.
I have nothing else on needles yet, however I do have some projects planned. In no particular order:
- a black hoodie jacket for the spring, or cold summer nights http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTmariah.html
- a camping mask, for some reason no matter what the temperature my nose is always freezing when sleeping in a tent. So a mask has been deamed necessary. http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter06/PATTantifreeze.html
- Hats, cause I got some cheap yarn at a garage sale and don't really know what to do with it... so I'm going to try it out on this www.knitty.com/issuefall04/knittyF04surp.pdf
- Pink, Anna. Patons Anna yarn is bubbly, and I have it in bright pink. I reminds me of Mr Bubble Bubble Bath I used to have when I was a kid. I'm going to make a scarf each for two little girls I know who are pink-tastic.
- Blue. Thick. Yarn. Again, purchased discount and just trying to decide what to do with it. I know a friend who would love the colour, so maybe I'll make her a scarf out of it. A really thick, diagonal patterned scarf. Yes.
- hmmm what else is in my stash? Plenty of sock yarn will be left over from those fairl isle gloves... some leftover cotton from the keyhole top, and what's this? three 50g balls of un-used Wool Gatto!!!? woot! Maybe another Odessa hat for my neice Emma, and then the blue can make a manly hat for my husband... and the green, yes the green will be mine... I'll find some appealing pattern at a later date.