Monday, December 31, 2007
Saturday, December 29, 2007
3 cardigans (1 is a gift)
13 pairs of socks
4 bulky scarves
7 lacey scarves
2 pairs of mittens
2 felted bags
1 baby sweater set
Has anyone been doing the math as we go along? According to my calculations I should be well into 2009 before this is all done!
Still working away on Monkey socks right now and the Lacey scarf. They won't be finished for 2007, but there is some great progress. I'll post some pictures as soon as I finish up at least one of the socks.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Patons Classic Wool Merino - 2 - Pink and Darker Pink is going to be Parallelograms
Sandnes Garn Smart - 4 - in Green and Darker Green is going to be Striped Illusion
Fleece Artist Sock - 2 - purpley and in teal/green are going to be socks... don't know which patterns yet, but sitting there are two pairs of socks :)
Noro - 3 - So far I'm thinking Shag, but I'm not sure. Maybe another entrelac...
Ornaghi Filati Super Merino, - 3 - ecru, navy and white is going to be Meandering Stripes
And finally Berroco Peruvia in lovely, wonderful red-purple that makes me want to squeal! This is going to be Cardigan for Arwen. I was sick of waiting for the gray colourway to come in, so I'm going to use the gray on some mittens and use this new stuff for the cardigan.
Must finish wips. Cannot wait to cast on.
Thursday, December 27, 2007
Okay so how big was the 'wow' that just escaped your lips? Now multiply that by about a million, that's how much of a yarn high I am on right now. I want to smell it, then roll in it, then contimplate how to kick my husband out of bed so that I can sleep beside my yarn tonight... off to scheme!
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Yeah I knit like lightning when I have large amounts of time blocked off for just sittin' around with family. Everyone loved their hand knit gifts as well! yay!
Monday, December 24, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
And I now have some picture worthy progress on the Secret Pal yarn scarf for myself:
I love this one so far. It's actually working up a lot faster than you might imagine; this is only... 2.5 hours of knitting! Once I have finished this... I will try my best to NOT cast on for another scarf... socks, yes I will make socks! In fact I might cast those on now so that I have some mindless knitting available for Christmas. That way I can still pay attention and socialize with family while knitting. Yes, Monkey socks it is!
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Can you tell it's hand-knit laundry day at our house? I like to do everything in one big batch. So for another two days my gym will look like this picture; comforter on floor, wet items on comforter. The cats love these days, they like to iritate me by crawling under the comforter and messing up the nice 'lay flat to dry' arrangement... I know, I know, close the door right? Part of me wants to let them have their fun :)
So what am I knitting now? Well I have Monkey socks on needles, started Arwen (still waiting on yarn - harumph) and
Monday, December 17, 2007
Absolutely thrilled and cannot wait to vaccum my house... this is where the 'when did I grow up?' comes in ;-)
Saturday, December 15, 2007
The orange chunky orange wool/acrylic blend will be a nice scarf. The Merino lace weight will be something feminine and beautiful that's for sure! And the Sisu sock yarn will be lovely socks from Favorite Socks: 25 Timeless Designs from Interweave.
Yesterday one of my coworkers gave me a Christmas gift. A $10 gift certificate to our LYS Beehive. I knew I wanted to knit an entrelac scarf, but that's all I knew, so I went in and talked to Beth, who is really the most amazing person there. She persueded me to try Noro, and I'm glad she did. Entrelac is trisky to figure out the first time around, but now it seems so easy! And it works up fast too - bonus!
Last of my knitterly friends Christmas presents will be delivered tonight. But it's a secret, unless you're on Ravelry.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Friday, December 7, 2007
1. I decide despite the freezing cold and darkness that is setting in fast I MUST wash my car.
2. After washing the outside I realize the inside is gross too
3. Clean windows, and interior surfaces
4. Break out vaccum cleaner
5. Start vaccuming until something starts to smell funny...
6. Change bag in vaccum cleaner, maybe it's just full and having a hard time.
7. Start vaccuming again until smell returns full force
8. Look down and see vaccum cleaner on FIRE!.
9. In one not-so-smooth movement open garage door, while unplugging and turning of vaccum cleaner all while hurling it outside into the puddle left in the driveway from washing the outside of the car just prior....
Good thing I washed the outside of the car first. That soapy puddle saved the day.
ps. Garage took an full two hours to 'un-stink'
pps. New vaccum cleaner has been added to Christmas wish list
ppps. Husband is STILL laughing at me
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
2007 sure had it's ups and downs:
- I gained back almost 20lbs of the weight I'd lost in 2006. Booers.
- We sold our condo - most stressful time of my life to date. Uber booers!
- We purchased our town home and moved in. Couldn't be happier, this place is the best.
- Road Trip to Seattle with my mom. I don't think there was a single day we weren't in tears from laughing so hard. SO MUCH FUN!
- Road Trip to Canadian Rockies with Greg. So relaxing and the first time we'd gone away for more than a day together in 1.5 years. It was awesome, despite the rain.
- Work life... what a roller coaster, good news is for the last month it's been on the high side of the roller coaster and things look like smooth sailing ahead.
- Money... the love hate relationship of my life! My credit card was paid off at the beginning of 2007 when we sold our condo, yay profits. But now I look at my bill to date and it's right back up there saying hello, how can you afford to pay me?!
- I had health problems and discovered I'm lactose intolerant so it's been an adjustment that I'm still not used too - boo!
- I flew a plane, a real airplane. And man was that a great experience. If I had the money, I would fly and fly and fly all day long.
- I picked up knitting again and have been doing some mad, crazy knitting projects that I am SO proud of. Pretty much all Christmas gifts this year are hand knit. Wow!
Goals for 2008 (these are all across the board, from things I've been putting off for long enough, to fancy whims):
- Lose those 20 damn lbs! I've done it before and dang it, I can do it again!
- Learn. I'm taking a Thai cooking class and a photography class in February and I can't wait. I realized that 2007 didn't have a lot of 'learning'
- Actually figure out this whole politics thing, not saying understand opinions etc, just understand the general structure of things so that maybe, just maybe, one day I can feel confident enough to vote.
- Home: tile backsplash, bar stools, and window coverings that the cats can't destroy
- Compile a cookbook of my favourite recipes and publish it through Blurb to give to friends and family as Christmas gifts next year. Even if they aren't my own food creations, I've always wanted one cookbook with all my favourites, it seems I have a ton of books with only 3-4 well used recipes in them each. Kind of like music, where you buy the whole CD, but only like one song.
- I really need to clean out our 'stuff' so Garage Sale this year, promise! This is one of those, maybe next year, maybe next year, ... things. So, this year, 2008 damnit!
- Another one I've been putting off is insurance, I don't actually know what my life insurance coverage is, only that I have some through work. Must get that figured out. Also house insurance, I know our coverage isn't enough, and that's just tempting fate people. I are dumb.
- Go skiing again, it's been years. And actually we're going in January so this works out well. It's our Christmas present to each other.
- Go on one of the following trips: West Coast Trail (still looking for a trail partner), Houseboat vacation, Cruise somewhere hot.
- Pay off at least $3500 of my credit card debt. Don't gasp, yes it's high, and yes I know I need to learn from past experience... I'm working on it.
- Given the goal above, the next is to Knit only from the stash or gift yarn until it runs out. Which is plenty, trust me.
What are your goals for 2008?
Sunday, December 2, 2007
I can't believe that I have more updates for you! I finished Greg's Knucks SO fast that I'm really not sure what to make next.
- One pair of Knucks for the hubby for our Anniversary Dec 22 (estimate: 6hours) Started tonight - DONE
- Socks for step-sister - Dad called, step-sister and step-brother won't be at Christmas this year so no gifts :)
- Toque for step-brother - Dad called, step-sister and step-brother won't be at Christmas this year so no gifts :)
- Toque or mittens for Jane - I've been thinking that it wouldn't be quite fair to give something to Jane and not to Chris, plus me and Jane have never done a gift exchange before... so it might be awkward... I've decided to simply give them the antipasto and salsa like the other couples we're gifting to.
I think I'll start the ski masks for me and Greg. We're going on a week long ski trip in January, our Christmas present to each other, and we both need these. I can't believe I'm ready for Christmas!!! All I have to do is mail out Christmas cards, that's it, all done, fini!
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Progress of the Christmas List
- One childrens mitten for a coworker DONE
- One ****** for Jennifer (estimate: 7 hours) Frogged in favour of something better which is finished
- One pair of Knucks for the hubby for our Anniversary Dec 22 (estimate: 6hours) Started tonight
- One awesomely manly scarf for Dad DONE
- Pair of mittens, also for Dad to match the scarf DONE
- Socks for step-sister
- Toque for step-brother
- Toque or mittens for Jane
Not bad for one weeks work :) Now I leave you with some finished pictures to go wrap presents... while it's snowing outside!