Monday, February 4, 2008

Sew much to do

So little time... or wait, no, I mean; lots of time and lots of FO's, yay! First the sewing. I found these neat pillowcase kits at a local fabric shop. This took under 30 minutes to make and my husband loves it, which means I have to go get my own now.


And Grocery bags! This seems to be the big 'thing' right now, not using plastic grocery bags, but canvas ones. I think it's a great idea but feel funny about going to Thrifties with Fairways bags, or The Market on Millstream, or, or, or... I shop around and didn't want the brand thing to make me uncomfortable so I decided to make my own. They are denim, and loverly. I can't wait to go shoppping this weekend :)


And finally some knitting and kitty content for you. Pattern: Parallelograms from my Knitting New Scarves book. I love this scarf! I'm going to wear it to work tomorrow (just finished it tonight). I used Patons Classic Merino and have enough left over to make a second scarf easily. This took 3 days from start to finish... really less than 48 hours... hmmm... weird. It was kind of scary how fast this knit up, I kept double checking, then checking again, absolutely positive I must be doing something wrong. Nope, it turned out perfect. You'll notice I am short a human model for this photo shoot, never fear, Sylus will do just fine. Oh, Ah, show me sleepy...


Good, good, now show me 'it's cold outside and this scarf is so snuggly'...

He's a natural :)

1 comment:

TrampledbyGeese said...

What a lovely scarf (and a love model showing it off).

I always think it's funny to go into Thrifties with a Market on... bag or Fairways with a Save-on Bag. Thing is, I have bags from all of them now, but I can never remember to bring the right one for the shop. Oh well... Soon I'll learn to sew and then I can follow your excellent example and make my own bags.