Tuesday, October 16, 2007

All Better

I am feeling much better after a good weekend of rest and relaxation. There was much video games and knitting involved in my recovery :) And to prove it, take a look at the wicked progress on my Step-Mom's Christmas present. I am so excited at how fast this is coming along, I'm 40% finished already! And yes, it will be much longer - blocking works wonders... and yes, I know I made a mistake on one of the diamonds, but I don't care :)



I also started a new sock. The Jacket I made for Greg... well I gave it to him for his birthday instead of Christmas. I know, I know, but I just couldn't help it. It was finished two days prior to his bday and it was so wonderful and great. Anyways He's wearing it a lot which makes me SO happy. So now I need to knit him something for Christmas, therefore we have the beginnings of a sock:And here is the second attempt at Beth's socks... I think I will take my Secret Pals advice, finish them and give them away. I'll make Beth some different socks... something better.

I stopped taking the bus. I drove in one day last week cause I was sick and didn't feel like walking the 20min from bus to work. Well, I was hooked. I have a really nice car and I miss it. I really, really miss it. The heated leather seats are workin' their majic as winter weather sets in and I just can't help myself. So I talked it over with Greg and I'm going to drive to work, but park on the road to save on parking space costs. I get in early enough in the morning that getting a spot on the road isn't a problem. We'll see how it works out.

edit: As I sit here reading over my post, I wonder if anyone will actually see the error in the one diamond... Also 3 words for you Lace Blocking Wires! I guess I'll hop on Knit Picks later today.

No comments: