Friday, August 10, 2007

SP11 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like Lornas Laces, Baby Alpaca, and really anything soft. I don't like Acrylic or the eyelash/funky fibres.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
Currently an old plastic bucket, but I just returned from vacation with a pattern for a lovely needle case, including a circulars holder! I'm so excited!

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I was taught to knit and crochet when I was really young, but didn't persue it. I picked up crocheting again about 6 years ago, and am now bored with it. Knitting was always in the background, but really picked up again for me in March of this year. I would consider myself an advanced beginner, who is willing to try anything new.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No... but if I was to have one... it would include sock yarn, fingering weight shawl yarn, mohair, ooh - and a teach yourself to spin book, drop spindle and some fiber!

5. What's your favorite scent?
Hands down - coconut. I'm a coconut freak.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Do I ever! hmmm favorite candy... do I really have to narrow it down? I think it's easier to say I don't like white or bitter dark chocolate, but anything else goes. Nuts with milk chocolate are a favorite right now, but so is the little penny candies, swedish berries, licorice(red or black) and salty things are lovely too.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I really want to learn how to spin and also weave... I also cross stitch occasionally, but find it's only good in small doses, and Scrapbooking does take up the majority of our spare room closet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
MP3s are wonderful, I like all modern rock. I cannot express how much I love this local radio station http://thezone.fm/

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
Favorite colors would have to be grey and purple. I can't stand anything bright, like bright orange or yellow, although a subtle yellow or a rusty orange are pretty close to the top of my list. I guess I like what you would consider Fall/Autumn colours.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Happily married for 1.5 years, and Chearfully Childfree by choice. We have 2 cats and they rule the house. They are spoiled, beyond laughing... Dena was our little princess kitten who is also a manx so she has no tail and one hell of a personality. Sylus was adopted from the local SPCA, he chose us immediately, and is a real lap cat... he is sitting in my lap even now. They both just turned 4, and yes, we had little kitty birthday tuna cakes.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I want to wear a poncho at the office cause our AC is outta wack so it's freezing, but have yet to make one. I wear some scarves, but am pretty picky. Hats are fun, and mittens are a must.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks are fast and easy so I love knitting those, but I always have an additional project going on as well. Currently my fascination is with shawls, pretty, lace, delicate, soft, shawls.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Hedra socks and MS3... and looking to cast on a new scarf pattern I got while on vacation this week.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love hand made gifts, LOVE.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Circulars, Knit Picks nickle plated DPNs, Addi Lace Turbos. I like bamboo, but only if it's really good quality.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I have a yarn winder, but no swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I beleive that would be the MS3, so not long...6 weeks.

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!

19. Is there anything that you collect?
African style masks. I love the animal ones (zebras, elephants, giraffes)

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I subscribe to Interweave Knits.
Books: Fitted Knits, Knitting Vintage Socks, Stitch n Bitch the knitters handbook
Yarn: Hand Maiden Sea Silk, Hand Maiden Camelspin, and of course more Lornas Laces(you can never have enough)
Needles: Knit Picks Circulars, I currently only have their DPNS, but really want to try out their circulars. I was thinking about getting them in 2.5mm and trying out knitting socks on two circulars although I have no idea how.
Patterns: Flower Basket Shawl by Fibertrends

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
socks - on two circulars, and toe up... not necessarily at the same time
Mobius - there is a pattern for cat beds using this method...

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I heart sock knitting. It is the best way to pass the bus commuting time.
Circumfrence: 8.5 inches
Foot Length: 9.5 inches
Heel Flap length: 2.5 inches (I put this in because in most patterns I've knit, the heel always ends up too long. Do I have small heels? Maybe.)

23. When is your birthday?
December 15th, which makes it very hard to book a dinner out for 8 or more (Christmas parties)

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Not yet.

No comments: