Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Darnit!

So remember that Diamond Fantasy Shawl? I made it with the intention of wearing it the two Christmas parties I have to attend this year. Weeeellll... I found an outfit to wear (hurah!) and was too excited that it actually fit to be concerned with the fact that it really doesn't go with the shawl. Like. At all. So I can't wear it to the party. Then I get a call that my husbands work party is actually on my birthday, and there is no way I'm sitting in a room full of car salesmen all night on my birthday. So really I would have only worn it once anyways.

And finally, and this one is kinda sad, my Grama is sick. I was just told yesterday evening that they had to admit her to the hospital with chronic bronchitis, which is apparently really bad especially considering her age (almost 92). She'll be there for at least a week and they'll re-evaluate. I love my Grama more than words can express, and I am so sad at the thought that she might not be here much longer. Anytime she's sick, which isn't much, I get SO scared. I'm giving the shawl to her. She is the one that taught me to knit, and I know she would be so proud and treasure it. So it's hers, all wrapped up and ready to go. For the rest of the week I will be admittedly distracted just hoping I don't get the phone call to hop on the ferry to say good bye. Part of me thinks I'm over reacting, cause damnit she's tough. 91 and still driving, still living at home alone. She's such an amazing woman. But still I wait, and I fear that phone call...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristy, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother's illness. It sounds like she has been blessed with a long, healthy life and a family that cherishes her. Forgive me if I am too forward, but I speak from experience--if you have the time, don't wait for the phone call. Visiting her might even help her get better! Prayers for your Grandmother --yr secret pal