2007 sure had it's ups and downs:
- I gained back almost 20lbs of the weight I'd lost in 2006. Booers.
- We sold our condo - most stressful time of my life to date. Uber booers!
- We purchased our town home and moved in. Couldn't be happier, this place is the best.
- Road Trip to Seattle with my mom. I don't think there was a single day we weren't in tears from laughing so hard. SO MUCH FUN!
- Road Trip to Canadian Rockies with Greg. So relaxing and the first time we'd gone away for more than a day together in 1.5 years. It was awesome, despite the rain.
- Work life... what a roller coaster, good news is for the last month it's been on the high side of the roller coaster and things look like smooth sailing ahead.
- Money... the love hate relationship of my life! My credit card was paid off at the beginning of 2007 when we sold our condo, yay profits. But now I look at my bill to date and it's right back up there saying hello, how can you afford to pay me?!
- I had health problems and discovered I'm lactose intolerant so it's been an adjustment that I'm still not used too - boo!
- I flew a plane, a real airplane. And man was that a great experience. If I had the money, I would fly and fly and fly all day long.
- I picked up knitting again and have been doing some mad, crazy knitting projects that I am SO proud of. Pretty much all Christmas gifts this year are hand knit. Wow!
Goals for 2008 (these are all across the board, from things I've been putting off for long enough, to fancy whims):
- Lose those 20 damn lbs! I've done it before and dang it, I can do it again!
- Learn. I'm taking a Thai cooking class and a photography class in February and I can't wait. I realized that 2007 didn't have a lot of 'learning'
- Actually figure out this whole politics thing, not saying understand opinions etc, just understand the general structure of things so that maybe, just maybe, one day I can feel confident enough to vote.
- Home: tile backsplash, bar stools, and window coverings that the cats can't destroy
- Compile a cookbook of my favourite recipes and publish it through Blurb to give to friends and family as Christmas gifts next year. Even if they aren't my own food creations, I've always wanted one cookbook with all my favourites, it seems I have a ton of books with only 3-4 well used recipes in them each. Kind of like music, where you buy the whole CD, but only like one song.
- I really need to clean out our 'stuff' so Garage Sale this year, promise! This is one of those, maybe next year, maybe next year, ... things. So, this year, 2008 damnit!
- Another one I've been putting off is insurance, I don't actually know what my life insurance coverage is, only that I have some through work. Must get that figured out. Also house insurance, I know our coverage isn't enough, and that's just tempting fate people. I are dumb.
- Go skiing again, it's been years. And actually we're going in January so this works out well. It's our Christmas present to each other.
- Go on one of the following trips: West Coast Trail (still looking for a trail partner), Houseboat vacation, Cruise somewhere hot.
- Pay off at least $3500 of my credit card debt. Don't gasp, yes it's high, and yes I know I need to learn from past experience... I'm working on it.
- Given the goal above, the next is to Knit only from the stash or gift yarn until it runs out. Which is plenty, trust me.
What are your goals for 2008?